The Catholic Columbian

Title: The Catholic Columbian
About: The Catholic Columbian was founded by Bishop Sylvester Rosecrans and Father Dennis Clarke as the official newspaper of the diocese of Columbus, beginning in 1875. It was owned by a private company. This arrangement continued through 1938. The paper continued through 1939 but without diocesan affiliation. Publication of The Columbus Register began In 1940. This diocesan paper was affiliated with the Catholic Register system of Denver. In 1951 The Catholic Times was established by the diocese and it continues today. Links to current and recent issues (since 2017) can be found at https://catholictimescolumbus.org/.
Available online: 9 January 1875 - 31 December 1881 (308 issues)